Dr. Lami specializes in both surgical and non-surgical spinal care of both pediatric and adult patients.
Dr. Lami graduated from the Chicago Medical School and went on to complete residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago where he was chief resident. He went on to complete a combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Surgery Spinal fellowship at the world famous Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon – The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners – Board Certified Independent Medical Examiner
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Sixth Edition – ABIME Board Certified
- Pediatric and adult spinal surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Work related injuries
- AMITA Alexian Brothers Medical Center - Hoffman Estates, IL
- AMITA St. Alexius Medical Center - Hoffman Estates, IL
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital - Huntley, IL
- Specialty Surgicare, LTD Schaumburg, IL
- Centegra Memorial Medical Center – Woodstock, IL
- Leatherman Spine fellowship
- Departments of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Louisville- Louisville, Kentucky
- 8/2002-8/2003 University of Illinois- Chicago
- Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery, 1997-2002
- The Chicago Medical School
- Doctor of Medicine, 1993-1997
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, 1987-1991
- The University of Illinois-Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Leo Weinstein award for Excellence in Patient Care
- Scored 92 percentile, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeon Examination
- The Chicago Medical School
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA)
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Graduated with honors in Chemical Engineering
- Dean’s list for eight semesters
- Elk Grove High School, Elk Grove, IL
- Graduated with honors
- Preliminary report of a new Occipito-Cervical technique, won first place in Resident Clinical
- Research presentation, Chicago 2001
- Results of medialized acetabular cup in total hip revision, presented in Resident Clinical
- Research Conference, Chicago 2000
- Founder, “Illinois Spine Institute, S.C.”
- Private practice, August 2003-present
- Research Engineer, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Neenah- Wisconsin
- Diplomat of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the North American Spine Society
- Certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
Dr lami did a difficult 7 hr spine surgery on 6 18, i was walking in the house in 3 weeks without a walker! now im walking outside! very little back pain now, i would very highly recommend him too anyone he is great !
After 4 surgeons telling mr I should be wheel chair bound along comes Dr' Lami and a week out of surgery I feel a 100 % better than before with min. pain and numbness gone so far! AMAZING!
Dr Lami has performed Two Back surgeries on me since 2011.
Dr. Lami has saved my life from being in severe back pain most of my life to...